Re: [RFI] ANOTHER "WITH LOVE, from CHINA"

To: 'David Eckhardt' <davearea51a@gmail.com>, 'Joe' <w7rkn.7@gmail.com>, "k1ttt@arrl.net" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ANOTHER "WITH LOVE, from CHINA"
From: "Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:07:53 +0000
So far, ofthe number ARRL has tested, only a handul of import bulbs bought from
eBay sellers have exceeded FCC limits. Having said that, if a neighbor has a
dozen bulbs operating at the limits, hams will see about S7 noise levels.
When ARRL bought a lot of these bulbs from various "box store" outlets and a
few lighting centers, we found that all from those sources met the FCC rules.

Our results were documented in this article:

OCT 2013 - QST (PG. 42)

Light Bulbs and RFI -- A Closer Look
(Feature)