Re: [RFI] Noise Canceller how-to video

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise Canceller how-to video
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 19:11:28 -0700
On 4/15/2021 6:21 PM, VE6WZ_Steve wrote:
For 15 yrs at VE6WZ I have used both the MFJ-1026 and NCC-1 to eliminate local
noise at my city QTH.
I show the theory of how these boxes work, and present some tips on set-up and
adjustment to achieve success.
This is a HOW-TO video for those unfamiliar with these devices.

As part of my app note on the VE3DO RX loop, I showed how the NCC-1 can be used to steer a spaced pair of them, and included response measurements of the NCC-1 for the range of their settings on ham bands up to 20M. Measurements are complex (that is, magnitude and phase of the gain), done with a VNWA-3EC. http://k9yc.com/VE3DO.pdf As described in the app note, I have two loops oriented to central EU, spaced 5/8 wave on 160M, which seems to be optimum for that band.

The NCC-1 is a very well behaved unit.