Re: [RFI] Noisy PC Speakers

To: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>, "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noisy PC Speakers
From: "Cianciolo, Paul, W1VLF" <pcianciolo@arrl.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 15:37:01 +0000
In addition to Ed's comments "twisting" the wire had little if any effect.
Connecting one 1 of 2 speaker leads lead to a slight decrease in emissions. A
single wire added to either of the speaker outputs has little effect.
Basically as soon as you connect anything to the speaker terminals that had
actual length..  greater than a foot or so emissions started increasing.

Also I tried 2 power supplies. The first was one of the original supplies used
at the housing development to power multiple devices,  and then a wall wart
supply.  Very similar results.

73,

Paul Cianciolo, W1VLF
ARRL EMC Engineer

ARRL - The national association for Amateur RadioT
225 Main Street, Newington, CT 06111-1400 USA
Telephone: (860) 594-0392
FAX: (860) 594-0259
Email: w1vlf@arrl.org
World Wide Web: www.arrl.org