Re: [RFI] Rfi help

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Rfi help
From: AA5CT via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 11:41:44 +0000 (UTC)
 Immaterial to my question as to where the gentleman saw two different
shield types, Jim.

Moreover, I'm aware of this as others on the list are as to the 'history' of
RG numbers.

But, did you see this webpage:

http://everyspec.com/MIL-SPECS/MIL-SPECS-MIL-C/MIL-C-17_75F_46031/

(I didn't think I would have to 'litigate', this but it would appear I do.)

Note especially on that webpage the link to "MIL-C-17_75F_NOTICE-2"

(Note: To view those documents, first click each link then click the
"Download file" button to get a copy of each respective pdf file.)

Which contains this excerpted text:

MIL-C-17/75F (NOTICE-2), MILITARY SPECIFICATION SHEET: CABLE,
RADIO FREQUENCY, FLEXIBLE, COAXIAL, 50 OHMS, M17/75-RG214 AND
M17/75-RG36G (28-MAR-2008) [S/S BY MIL-DTL-17/75F]., MIL-C-17/75F,
dated 16 April 2003, has been reviewed and determined to be valid for use
in acquisition.

MIL-C-17/75F
NOTICE 2

Custodians:
Army - CR
Navy - EC
Air Force - 11
DLA - CC

Preparing Activity:
DLA - CC

Reviewer Activities:
Army - AM, AT, CR4, MI
Navy - AS, MC, OS, SH
Air Force - 19, 99
DLA - IS

-------------------------------

Perhaps you can explain who all those 'custodians' and 'reviewers' are? Does it
look like this
mil spec covering coaxial cable has been reviewed within the last 50 years?

de AA5CT Jim

PS

Also for reference see: MIL-DTL-17H, DETAIL SPECIFICATION: CABLES, RADIO
FREQUENCY, FLEXIBLE AND SEMIRIGID, GENERATION SPECIFICATION FOR (04 AUG 2006)
[SUPERSEDING MIL-C-17G]

Link: http://everyspec.com/MIL-SPECS/MIL-SPECS-MIL-DTL/MIL-DTL-17H_5802/

Note also this excerpt of the Times Microwave cable catalog:
https://disti-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/cdmelectronics/files/datasheets/4697.pdf

.
.     On Saturday, May 16, 2020, 07:46:27 PM CDT, Jim Brown