Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics
From: Gary K9GS <k9gs@gjschwartz.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 12:27:47 -0600
Date: 3/4/20  12:19 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: w2ay@atmc.net, 'Dale Johnson'
<dj2001x@comcast.net>, 'Alan Higbie' <alan.higbie@gmail.com> Cc: 'Rfi List'
<rfi@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics No, and
there are advertisements that show that led lamps still melt snow!David Robbins
K1TTTe-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.netweb: http://wiki.k1ttt.netAR-Cluster node:
telnet://k1ttt.net:7373-----Original Message-----From: RFI
[mailto:rfi-bounces+k1ttt=arrl.net@contesting.com] On Behalf Of
w2ay@atmc.netSent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 18:00To: 'Dale Johnson'; 'Alan
Higbie'Cc: 'Rfi List'Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics  Is
there a problem with  snow  build-up on  the new  LED  lights. ?   I  ask
because , I  assume  there  is  no heat  to  melt  any  build up of  snow. .
Before  the change to  LED lights, did  snow  block  the  lights ?

  Bill / w2ay
***************************************************************************The
entire city of Bloomington, Minnesota has LED street lights.  There is one less
than a half block from my house.  The Mall of America is six miles East of me
and the entire parking ramp is LED lighted.  I was also concerned when they
started the project.  So far I have not noticed any increase of noise from
these lights.  They’ve been in place now for a few years.  They save on
electric power and the old street lights used to be a problem when the
automatic switches failed, those were operated by light sensors on top of the
old street lights.  I think there is a similar setup with the LED lights, but
so far have not failed..  Good luckDale, K9VUJOn 03, Mar 2020, at 12:41, Alan
Higbie <alan.higbie@gmail.com> wrote:Our city (Colorado Springs) is installing
LED street lights with some new type of controllers.I am not sure, but I
believe these are made by a company named Lumenistic (of Boulder,
Colorado).Here is link to recent news
article:https://gazette.com/news/local/colorado-springs-tests-remote-controlled-smart-streetlights/article_d8fb4748-5ccb-11ea-8e2f-db73a4aa2d5e.htmlIt
 is the microprocessors with potential for RFI that I want to know about.I'll
probably take my Tecsun PL 660 over to where they have installed some of the
new lights and take a listen.Anyone have experiences along these lines?73, Alan
 mailing
listRFI@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/rfi_______________________________________________RFI