[RFI] Smoothfitness 6.25 Treadmill RFI

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Smoothfitness 6.25 Treadmill RFI
From: Lionel Booth <n5lb@outlook.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 15:44:28 +0000
Our old, RFI “fixed” NordicTrack died and now we have a new treadmill that puts
out a wideband RFI footprint from below 160m through 17m at -88dBm on 75m with
spikes every ~17.7 khz that reach -73 dBm.   The wideband RFI declines to abour
-95 dBm by 40m and the spikes are about -90 dBm.

The really bad news is that my wife uses it 90 minutes a day seven days a week,
in the morning when the bands are even halfway decent.

This seems to be radiated and picked up by the vertical antenna 200 feet away:
completely gone when rig is connected to dummy load or grounded.

I have a Delta filter from the NordicTrack that I fixed and I will put that on
the new treadmill as well as other steps that I took with clamp on cores on the
internal wiring and see what happens.

My question to the group is whether there is any specific experience with this
manufacturer as guidance when I rip into this monster?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10