Re: [RFI] FW: ARLB022 FCC's OET Clarifies Emissions Compliance Testing f

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] FW: ARLB022 FCC's OET Clarifies Emissions Compliance Testing for RF LED Lighting Devices
From: JW via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2016 13:37:09 +0000 (UTC)
Comment below.

      From: Roger (K8RI) <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
 To: rfi@contesting.com
 Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2016 2:57 AM
 Subject: Re: [RFI] FW: ARLB022 FCC's OET Clarifies Emissions Compliance
Testing for RF LED Lighting Devices

"... it most likely would be decades before we'd see any noticeable difference
in the bands.  With switch mode wall warts, it most likely would be many times
that as those are thing that "get thrown in a drawer" and will show up from
time to time until they fail. "
Beg to differ; the original SMPS for both my TV and DSL Router failed, after
about four years, most probably, it would appear, due to cap value or ESR
change (caps appear to be swelled in both devices.)
Don't know what others, experience or thoughts are, but these devices (SMPS)
under heavier, continuous load (and capable of more EMI generation) are prone
to 'wear out' in under a decade. The TV set already has issues when warm, aside
from a tendency to repeatedly 'reset' when cold even.
 de Jim WB5WPA
PS Replaced he router wall-wart with a Lambda 5V linear open-frame PS and the
TV supply likewise with a commercial SMPS,