[RFI] RFI hunting on 160: TH-F6a?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI hunting on 160: TH-F6a?
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:50:19 -0500
I'm trying to track down some RFI on 160 and eventually 80, 40, etc.

160 is my focus right now and I'm finding my little VR-500 to be pretty
useless and will soon sell it.

I recently purchased a Tecsun -PL380 but overlooked the detail that it
doesn't cover 1710-2300 at all so it will also soon be sold.

So now I'm looking at the TH-F6a which has a ferrite bar for 10Mhz and
down. Based on my childhood experience with similarly sized 3 transistor
radios on the AM band it would seem likely that this should be pretty
directional which would greatly help tracking down sources.

Does anyone have the TH-F6a that could comment on the directionality of
reception on the AM BCB or 160m?

Thanks

Jim