Re: [RFI] Broadcast station RFI Mixing - RESOLVED

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Broadcast station RFI Mixing - RESOLVED
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 06:37:36 -0500 (CDT)
if you don't have a grounded driven element so the coax braid connects to the
ring through the boom you should probably run a ground wire from the tower in
parallel with the coax but connected to the boom/ring.  this would be the case
if all the elements were insulated, you would essentially have a boom picking
up rf and possibly rectifying it through the bearings or motor... probably not
the best case for lightning, and may even cause problems with corona discharge
through the bearings or motor also.