Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: Rik van Riel <riel@surriel.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 15:43:03 -0400
On 03/21/2014 02:48 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
> Do you really think we need more gov't to be involved with inspecting
> and testing EVERY item that is made so that it does not hurt people,
> cause interference and on and on and on.  We would never see another
> product brought to market.
>
> We don't live in a perfect world and expecting something like this with
> a gov't that is 17trillion in the hole is crazy.

Proactively having the government check everything does seem
impractical, indeed.

However, putting rules in place that oblige manufacturers
and/or importers to replace faulty equipment at their expense
(instead of stiffing the consumers) might be a good deterrent
to people sticking FCC stickers on untested equipment...

--
All rights reversed.