Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:27:18 -0700
On 3/25/2014 11:04 AM, Hare, Ed W1RFI wrote:
The ARRL Lab can measure conducted noise and radiated noise from devices, but
we really need to start with actual, non-general reports.

How about going to vendors like Costco, poking around with a talkie, and buying one that appears noisy? Then either sell the test sample if it's clean like any other product you would test, or return it as defective if it's dirty. Costco is well known for its liberal return policy, and might even respond to the League's comments. From where I sit, it's dirty products the big box stores are selling that cause the greatest problems.