[RFI] Apple and Motorola Wall Chargers

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Apple and Motorola Wall Chargers
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 13:43:36 -0700
I've nearly finished the project of going through my home and shack to search out all the noisy wall warts that are switching power supplies and replace them with linear warts from my junk box. My process is simple -- if the plug on the linear doesn't match what the device needs, I clip the cables to both devices, install Power Poles on the linear supply and line coming from the plug I want to use, toss the switcher in the trash and the unused plug in the junk box.

I'm down to the little white cube with integral USB jack that Apple supplies for use with the iPad. It's not terribly noisy, but I'd still like to replace it. Any suggestions for a good replacement?

BTW -- the wall wart that Motorola supplies for use with their Droid is pretty noisy when charging. I tossed it, and found a suitable regulated 5.1VDC wart.