Re: [RFI] new rfi source in house!

To: "Christian Buenger" <c.buenger@gmx.ch>, <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] new rfi source in house!
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 09:08:26 -0500
I used to have a similar problem when  I lived in a townhouse.  When I ran
as little as 5 watts on 40m all the furnaces on my street would go on.  Not
cool especially during the summer.  One of my neighbors was an old college
class mate and one day he told me that he was working in his basement and he
could hear me talking whne he was over by his furnace.  It turns out that
there was a relay in the system that had a diode in the activation circuit
which was picking up the RF from my antenna and activating the system.  I
called the manufacturer, they located one of thier employees that was a ham
and installed on of the units in his house.  He found the defective circuit
and the company issues a free of charge repair bulletin.  That was 34 year
ago.I don't know if manufacturers are up to the task these days but it might
be worth a try to call them and discuss the problem.

Good Luck,
dave
wa3gin