Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW -- disappointing experience

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW -- disappointing experience
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 19:06:21 -0500
I believe DX Code # 3. (I will not trust the DX cluster and will be sure of
the DX station's call sign before calling) addresses blind clicking.  Of
course not everyone waits for an ID or maybe they cannot copy CW however
many DX stations simply do not send their callsign as often as they should.
I know that there is a careful balance needed to control the pileup and
maximize rate but it's easy for potential callers to get impatient when they
just hear TU or QRZ after multiple QSOs.

John KK9A

Yuri ve3dz wrote:

BTW, is there anything in that code about blindly clicking on DX spots?

Thanks.

73, Yuri VE3DZ