Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW -- disappointing experience

To: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW -- disappointing experience
From: Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 19:44:26 -0500

>> I'd send a partial call, and …..

Sending partial calls is frowned upon by the DX Code of conduct:

             6. I will always send my full call sign.

I have heard that many stations, especially big guns and especially DX, will
not respond to a partial call. It means they have to ask for a fill every time.
That slows them down. I am surprised that ops at W3LPL allowed that. Send your
full call and maybe they will get it.

Stan, K4SBZ

DX Code of Conduct

1. I will listen, and listen, and then listen again
2. I will the DX station properly.
3. I will not trust the DX cluster and will be sure of the DX station’s call
sign before calling.
4. I will not interfere with the DX station nor anyone calling and will   X
5. I will wait for the DX station to end a contact before I call.
6. I will always send my full call sign.
7. I will call and then listen for a reasonable interval.
I will
8. I will when the DX operator calls
not mine.
9. I will when the DX operator queries
10. I will when the DX station requests
11. When the DX operator calls me, I will not repeat my call sign unless Ithink
he has copied it incorrectly.
12. I will be thankful if and when I do make a contact.
13. Iwill respect my fellow hams and conduct myself so as to earn their respect.