Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX varying Power levels sent by DX

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX varying Power levels sent by DX
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 10:02:00 -0500
We'll you're supposed to log what you copy (at least within reason) and they
stations you worked should submit their log with the appropriate data.  My
older version of Writelog would not allow me to change my report partially
through but perhaps some loggers do?  If the station did not send in a log I
am sure that the checkers will see the inconsistency.

I do not recall ever seeing power number changes, there is really no reason
for it.  Your category is determined by your submittal, not your report.  I
have operated the ARRL DX from the DX side many times and have had a few
rare instances where someone's state changed.  Perhaps they were mobile or
traveling.  If they did change states between our QSO's it is probably
correct for them to update the report since that is a multiplier.  I worked
W1AW in two different sections during the last Sweepstakes Phone contest. I
assume both are valid QSOs but we'll see.

John KK9A

Steve K8LX wrote:

My experience was the same.

I *corrected* a couple, and later thought better of that strategy. Under
the circumstances, I don't see how the log checkers can be overly picky
about that.

-Steve K8LX