Re: [CQ-Contest] CQMM DX Contest unwritten rule

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQMM DX Contest unwritten rule
From: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 20:31:54 -0300
hello

That rule was added in the rules at my express request to the organizer, Ed
PY4WAS, after more than 15 years ago, in that contest, they deducted me
more than 20% from my score, which was my last participation in that
contest.

When I asked Ed why there was so much discount, he told me because I had
many uniques in my log, and that if they were not in at least 5 logs, they
were not valid. So I told him that if it was that way, please add it to the
rules.

This harms somewhat rare stations, Africa, the Caribbean, etc., with little
activity, since they are communicated through the DXCC and not because they
are participating in the contest.

Good or bad, this is how they calculate the score and now this is how it is
written in the rules so that everyone can choose if they participate with
serious intentions or not.

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W