Re: [CQ-Contest] CQMM DX Contest unwritten rule

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQMM DX Contest unwritten rule
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 10:26:31 -0500
Bizarre

73, Pete N4ZR

On 2/9/2024 10:06 AM, Randy Thompson wrote:
I operated the CQMM DX Contest in 2023 using the callsign ZF2MA.  It was a fun
experiment and I was not making a serious effort.

When the results appeared, I saw that I had a score reduction of more than 9%.  This is
very high for me and much higher than the other stations around my score.  I wrote to the
contest manager and he informed me that, "Only stations that DO NOT SEND LOGS but
that appear in 5 or more different logs received by the Contest Organizing Committee are
validated contacts."

I do not find this anywhere in the rules.  ZF is not rare DX, but I guess I had enough
callers that 107 of my 1517 QSOs were declared "invalid."

I just wanted to let everyone know of this hidden rule.

Randy K5ZD