[CQ-Contest] Last Night's Sprint

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Last Night's Sprint
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 10:14:02 -0400
Kind of a mixed experience.  My first Sprint in maybe 5 years, and I had real trouble getting into the rhythm of the thing.  If it hadn't been for an N1MM+ message file with some built-in helps, I would have been really at sea. Finally packed it in at 90 minutes, without ever getting to 80.

I was disappointed by the level of operating - particularly by those who continued calling despite the called station having asked for a particular station (with a partial call), as well as those failing to wait until the previous QSO was really completed (with an "R" or other ack).  On the other hand, I made a lot of mistakes too.

104 Q's in 90 minutes, 38 mults = 3,952 points.  K3/KPA-1500, Carolina Windom at ~40 feet (my tribander is down in the back yard)

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.