Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests in 2

To: Marty Sullaway <marty.sullaway@gmail.com>, Dave Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests in 2021
From: Ed W0YK <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 07:40:00 -0800
Actually, all participants can operate 48 hours.  For Single-Op, the first 36
hours are scored and the first 24 hours for the Classic Overlay.  Submitted
logs must include all QSOs, including those not scored for the entrant.73,Ed
W0YK
-------- Original message --------From: Marty Sullaway
<marty.sullaway@gmail.com> Date: 11/17/20  05:55  (GMT-08:00) To: Dave Edmonds
<dave@pkministrywebs.com> Cc: cq-contest@contesting.com, John Crovelli
<w2gd@hotmail.com> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB
and CW Contests
  in 2021 Dave,You can operate 36 hours. Only the first 24 hours will be
applied to youroverlay score.MartyNN1COn Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 8:06 AM Dave
Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>wrote:> I agree totally with John, W2GD!
Classic should be 36 hours.  We are more> than able to spin the knob for 36
hours.>> 73> Dave WN4AFP>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 6:55 PM John Crovelli
<w2gd@hotmail.com> wrote:>> > As the result of this rule change announcement,
operators who prefer to> > operate without assistance are left with a single
choice: 'Classic' .> >> > But even this entry option has been substantially
modified with more> > limitations imposed in terms of operating time and
competition by power> > levels.> >> > There are no longer both a High Power and
Low Power Classic option as> > existed previously ... now just one big
'Classic' group where the HP> > stations will unquestionably prevail over LP
entrants.  Does this> encourage> > competition for thousands of entrants
limited to only 100 watts?   Why HP> > and LP been combined together is
something of a mystery since it is so> > unreasonable to expect HP and LP
stations to be competitive against one> > another.  I hope the Committee
reconsiders this part before the rules are> > published, by restoring both HP
and LP categories and perhaps adding a> QRP> > category to the Classic group as
well.> >> > The other change in Classic rules reduces the allowed operating
period> > from 36 to 24 hours.  Do unassisted operators have some inherent need
to> > operate fewer hours?  Do they somehow benefit from 1/3 less operating> >
time?  Would anyone be enthused about laying out the money to go on a> >
DXpedition if they are limited to just half the overall 48-hour operating> >
period?> >> > There is still time to do some fine tuning these rule changes.>
behalf of Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>> > Sent: Monday, November 16,
2020 2:58 PM> > To: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>> > Cc:
cq-contest@contesting.com <cq-contest@contesting.com>> > Subject: Re:
[CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW> > Contests in 2021> >>
> As I read the rules, there is a category for the un-assisted.> >> > Behold!>
> From CQ WPX Rules:> >> > - - -> > VI. ENTRY CATEGORIES:> >> > A. Single
Operator Categories:One person (the operator) performs all> > operating and
logging functions.> > ...> > 3. Classic Operator (CLASSIC): The entrant will
use only one radio, no> QSO> > finding assistance, and the one radio must not
be able to receive while> > transmitting. Operator Assisted entries are not
eligible for this> category.> > - - -> >> >> > The problem, to some, is there
is no assistance allowed in this Single> > Operator category.> >> >> > 73,> >
PK Ministry Webs> 864.288.6678> dave@pkministrywebs.com>