[CQ-Contest] Makrothen - An Exercise In Frustration

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Makrothen - An Exercise In Frustration
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 03:04:05 -0700
Like the Stew Perry, the Makrothen is a great idea that lacks critical mass, thanks to failure of its sponsor to promote it. 15 QSOs per hour from a very good station doesn't cut it! I took a nap and got up at 1:30 am to work JAs, and they were all working Oceania DX. I made 12 QSOs in 90 minutes.

There was a saying among the great vaudeville comedians that when they showed up to perform at a venue and the audience was thin that "the must have snuck into town," meaning that the promoter who had hired them had failed to advertise (promote) the event. This is a large part of the problem with Makrothen. The failure extends to clubs like NCCC, of which I am a member.

73, Jim K9YC