Re: [CQ-Contest] New Ham Countries;

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New Ham Countries;
From: "Mario" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:53:14 +0200
VK2CZ: I hope Montenegro has far better fortunes with proper recognition than the
2nd last 'NEW' country to come onto the ham radio scene. Specifically
'Timor Lorosae' or in English 'Timor Leste'.

Dave, your namesake ARRL CEO is Balkans expert and he surely would know the proper DXCC name for "Obala Lozovace" or in English "Slivowitz Coast" :-)

However, on the more serious note, landlocked Serbia would be left with five ITU allocations: YT, YU, YZ, 4N, 4O.
I wonder if any of the former Yugoslav republics would ask for sharing it apart from unfortunate case of YU4.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU