[CQ-Contest] Dayton Contest Forum

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Contest Forum
From: k1dg@ix.netcom.com (k1dg@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat May 8 15:42:05 1999
*** Announcing the 1999 Dayton Hamvention(tm) Contest Forum ***

The contest forum will be held Saturday, May 15 from 9:00 AM to 12 Noon at
Meadowdale HS in Dayton (5 minutes from the Arena).

The preliminary program is on the Hamvetnion site, but one of the speakers
has had to drop out, and I am working on a replacement. Since that one's not

confirmed yet, I prefer to hold off until I announce the final program.

All presentations will happen at the scheduled times on the Hamvention Web
Site (http://www.hamvention/org/forums)

About the High School location...

please do not complain to me about the Forum being at the High School again.

I endured enough complaining last year, but the responses to the survey I
posted actually turned up much less negative than I expected, and I even got

some repsponses that were quite positive. Most of the people who complained
the loudest (even after Dayton) didn't actually *go* to the Forum, but just
*knew* it was a worse location. Go figure.

It really is a better venue. Parking is free, and there's frequent and fast
shuttle bus service (about 5 minutes) to the Arena all day. The
auditorium is all ours, and there's no noise form teh Hamvetnion crowd, and
nobody from the other rooms will complain about the Forum speakers making
too much noise when they play a tape of 160M European CW runs.

And if you don't actually want to go the Arena, you don't need a Hamvention
registration to get into the Contest Forum...

I am working on getting some breakfast munchies available at the HS. Gotta
have my coffee after a late night suite-hopping.

I would suggest a plan of attack for contesters at Dayton that goes
something like:

Friday - Antenna Foroum, flea market if the weather is good, inside if the
weather is bad. Back to the Crowne Plaza after dinner for suite-hopping.

Saturday - Contest Forum in the morning, then back to the Arena/flea market
for the afternoon (unless you want to stay at the HS for the DX Forum in the

afternoon). Back to the HS to get your car and head start back to the Crowne

Plaza by 6:30 for the Contest Dinner (5:30 if you want cocktails...),
followed by suite-hopping.

Hope to see you all at the Forum - it's a good program.

73,

Doug K1DG
k1dg@contesting.com   <--- replies to this address only, since I will be
traveling from now until I arrive in Dayton and only this address will reach

me reliably