[CQ-Contest] WPX CONTEST

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX CONTEST
From: n4vj@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, N4VJ / K4AAA)
Date: Sun Mar 23 09:01:38 1997

>IMHO, this is a STUPID carry over from a foolish CQ WW attempt
>to "equalize" continents in the LOCATION BASED CQ WW DX Contest.
>
>Also, IMHO, there should NEVER be any such thing as a ZERO point
>contact.  This is ridiculous, especially in a PREFIX contest.

No way.  Then a W5 or W6 might win the contest and we couldn't have that.
The W1's gotta have a contest to win to you know!  Afterall the W6's
have.... what....  SS Phone?  That should keep em happy.

Seriously...  The contest would be more fun if all QSO's counted for points.
It'll never change though.

73

Bill Fisher, N4VJ & K4AAA (EX KM9P)
http://www.contesting.com