[3830] ARRL 10 K1LT SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@groups.io
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K1LT SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 18:01:09 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5

   CW: 1155   138
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1155   138  Total Score = 637,560

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The not well made plan this year was to "recalibrate" my expectations
for 10 meters now that we have sunspots again.  Before doing so, I had
to finish repairing my Alpha 8410 by removing the excess turns wound
onto the plate RF choke when I temporarily repaired the amp between
the CQ WW and the ARRL 160.  The Alpha seems to work "nominally"
again.  The blower remains very annoyingly noisy despite reseating the
rubber anti-vibration thingies and removing the shipping screws.

Friday evening I worked a few VK and ZL at the start and then a
scattering of locals and W4 and W5.  I note that there were JAs on 10
meters at the start of the CQ WW CW, but not Friday.

Saturday morning I ran for a while but with middling rates.  I
operated sporadically Saturday afternoon, not expecting a JA opening
and doing some work on various other radio projects.  Nevertheless
there was a JA opening and I ran a few.  So far, all operating was in
unassisted mode.

Sunday morning I found better conditions.  I ran more and spent most
of the afternoon CQing.  After a while, CQing got slow so I peeked at
DX Summit to find some DX to chase.  Therefore I changed to assisted
mode and looked the logging program to a DX cluster session.

ZA1RR and HB0/R5GA were surprise multipliers during my last European
run.

Worked all states except SC.  GA was the next to the last state and I
found the only GA station I worked by scouring the band map for likely
4-land stations.  Eventually I emptied the band map.

HK1MW was not very busy very high up the band.

The small JA run the second night was more spread out and lasted
longer though there were fewer JAs to work.  VY1CO was a surprise
multiplier.

UA0KBG was the last multiplier and surprisingly unbusy.  It seemed like
only a few 8s and 9s were calling him.

Saw DU3LA spotted a couple times but could not hear anything.

The band closed by 2330Z except for VL2A who was still 15 db above the
noise floor.

DX worked: 3V, 4X, 5B, 9A (13), 9H, 9Y, CE (6), CM (2), CT (3), CT3,
CX (2), D4, DL (93), E7 (5), EA (23), EA6, EA8 (2), EI (2), ES, EU
(2), F (46), FS, FY, G (52), GD, GI (2), GM (10), GW (3), HA (20), HB
(8), HB0, HI, HK, I (23), J3, JA (32), KP2 (3), KP4 (3), LA (6), LU
(12), LX (2), LZ (16), OA, OE (4), OH (4), OK (22), OM (2), ON (13),
OZ (6), P4 (2), PA (35), PJ2, PY (22), PZ, S5 (16), SM (15), SP (20),
SV (6), SV9, TI (4), UA (2), UA9, UR (5), V3, VK (4), VP2V, YL (2), YO
(10), YU (14), ZA, ZB, ZD7, ZF, ZL (2), ZP (2), and ZS (2) for a total
of 76 entities.

Equipment: K3S, P3, Alpha 8410.  X7 at 101.5 feet pointed towards the
Carribean (the rotor does, in fact, work) and X7 at 61 feet for all
other QSOs.  These 2 antennas seem to work identically.