[3830] ARRL 10 K1KI SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K1KI SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 15:54:56 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: ct

   CW: 2008   166
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2008   166  Total Score = 1,333,312

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thought conditions were very good overall, but only worked a couple of JA
stations.  Saw lots of spots for UA9 also, but no QSOs.  The hardest decision
was when to turn my beam from Europe to the US (west)...   I need a second/third
10m antenna pointed to South America also...

Had a couple of frustrating station issues.  One the first day I thought the
problem was on the feedline at the top of the tower with the RX signal dropping
30 db, then the TX signal had an issue and the amplifier shut down.  It would
come back after a short while so I kept going. On Saturday after I simplified
the switching inside the shack to bypassing my patch panel, that seemed to help.
 Finally on Sunday I changed one piece of coax in the shack and the problem
didn't reappear.   That cut into the operating time - I probably lost a couple
of hours overall.

I need to get better at looking for mults early and picking off needed QSOs from
the RBN spots, plus monitoring the available mults/QSOs window for XE stations.

Missed DC NT and NU, and worked 9 XE states.

Can't wait for next year!

73 Tom/K1KI

TS-890s, Alpha 9500, 7L10m M2 @68'