[3830] ARRL 10 W6PNG SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6png@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W6PNG SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:44:57 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: W6PNG
Operator(s): W6PNG
Station: W6PNG

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Laguna Beach, CA

   CW:  44     22
  SSB:  32     18
-------------------
Total:  76     40  Total Score = 10,320

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Main goal was to take my 10m phone WAS from 44 to 50. I managed to nab two of
the missing 6 (NH, VT) but the 7-land stations I needed are still illusive (NV,
MT, WY and UT).

I operated from home using a HexBeam, KPA500 and K4D. I've never worked a mixed
mode contest but tried responding to stations using my paddles at 20wpm. The
reward for this effort is working 21 states CW which has to help my WAS 10m CW
go from zero to something, right?

Conditions at my QTH are a bit miserable as I have a huge amount of local noise
(TVs, wall warts etc etc??) none of it mine which reminds why field operating
(SOTA etc) can be so rewarding despite the effort to get out from the comfy
chair at home.

As an unexpected plus I completed the K1 ATU kit that has sat in a box almost
done while waiting for propagation to flip into the "remarkable...best ever
seen" state.

Fun time but I swear last years participating for 90 minutes on my local peak
netting a 150+ Q (all phone) was a lot easy due to better propagation.

Fun and not participating at the peak of Cycle 25 would be an opportunity
missed.