[3830] ARRL 10 ZF9CW SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa5rtg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 ZF9CW SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 00:43:56 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: ZF9CW
Operator(s): K5GO/ZF9CW
Station: ZF9CW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Cayman Brac

   CW: 2626   143
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2626   143  Total Score = 1,502,072

Club: Arkansas DX Association

Comments:

Thanks for the contacts.  Good practice for the upcoming 160 Meter Contests.
Lots of weak stations. Not sure what happened Sunday afternoon but signals went
to nothing and the rate was terrible for the last several hours.

I put up a single vertical and a 3 element Yagi turned vertical near the sea.
The single vertical failed the first time I transmitted.  Probably water in the
connector. The waves took both of them down a couple days before the contest.
Thankfully the 3L Yagi worked the whole time.  I had it going to a stack match
along with my tribander at 60 feet so I could choose either or both.  That
worked pretty well.  The 3L was pointed at USA/JA and the tribander rotates.

Next contest for me is probably the Stew Perry in about 3 weeks.

73 Stan ZF9CW