[3830] CQWW CW PJ4K M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ4K M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 00:15:41 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: PJ4K
Operator(s): PJ4K
Station: PJ4K

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Bonaire

  160:   176    15       36
   80:   983    28      100
   40:  3192    34      129
   20:  2449    38      137
   15:  3643    38      141
   10:  3452    38      143
-------------------------------

Club: FRC, CTDXCC, FCG

Comments:

The five returning veterans (Walt WA3LRO, Marty W1MD, Scott W4PA, John K3CT, and
Dave N3RD) welcomed first timers Mike N2RC and Robert K5PI to the team.  Robert
has many contest and other DXpeditions in his resume, but this was Mike's first
offshore experience.  Both ops provided very significant contributions to the
effort.

The station's TX antenna complement is nearing 100% of the planned installation,
but it seems that you are never done, and we keep thinking of more ways to
exploit the arsenal.  The RX antennas performed well, both for the low bands
(short vertical arrays) and high bands (small tribanders and 40m verticals).
The high band RX antennas are low, and suffered with the high absorption,
particularly on the second day.

Speaking of conditions, Friday morning's solar indices of 194/7/1 raised our
hopes for outstanding conditions.  We started on 10 and 15 with a quick QSY to
20, and by the end of the second hour, we had nearly 900 Qs.  However, the K was
already climbing, and by the end of the first day, the K had reached 6, which
was the peak.  Sunday conditions were noticably worse here.  But the gear was
working and the ops were having fun, and we passed last year's score by
mid-afternoon on Sunday.

Thanks to the sponsors for hosting the best and biggest contest of the year!
And thanks to all the callers, especially those who found us on six bands, which
was a challenge this year with 160m being in such poor shape.

73 - Dave N3RD for the PJ4K Team