[3830] CQWW CW K3EST(@N6RO) SO(A)SB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk3est@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3EST(@N6RO) SO(A)SB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 23:21:01 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST
Station: N6RO

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: CA

   10: 1165    36      119
------------------------------
Total: 1165    36      119  Total Score = 501,735

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

10 was a nice lesson in propagation. Friday night was great into Asia ended up
with 300 Q when the band closed at 0330z. The sun decided to have a say.
Saturday there were weak Europeans and no runs. The JA path was not affected by
the CME. Then came Sunday and suddenly all those areas of Eu that were not heard
on Sat were now 59!  That lasted for about an hour and I was able to run for
about 30 min. Then it dropped out until the afternoon JA run. I heard but had no
luck working: YO, 4X, HB0, Shet, ER, UR, 3B9. I saw spotted but never heard SV9,
UA2, EU, HZ, 3V, SV, CU, 5Z, 9H, Z3, Z6, 5H and TA. There was almost no opening
to Northern Zone 15 (Scan and SP/HA) or eastern Zone 20. Zone 14 also was not
present. Very few DL(19), ON(1), PA(8) or OZ(2). Even Italy was sparce.
502 JAs worked.
Nice to have two Zone 23 call both in the BY3G area. It was a surprise to have
XU and EL call in... Being in N. California has its advantages into the Fareast
but Europe can be very iffy. From out here, there are two run sources: JA and
Europe. Fortunately, they don’t overlap very much. Unfortunately, Europe
provided few run opportunities almost all Qs were S&P. No zone 21 heard.
It was a lot of fun and nice to see 10 back!! Only a few years ago working 1 JA
on 10 was tough!
Thanks to N6RO for opportunity to sit at the 10M position.
5/5 K3 and KPA1500