[3830] SS SSB WA8Y Single Op Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WA8Y Single Op Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:39:31 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: WA8Y
Operator(s): WA8Y
Station: WA8Y

Class: Single Op HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: Midland, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 13:15

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

Not my best.  I'm having abdominal pain, I haven't been sleeping well and my
back wore out during the contest.  I got used to my new LG 35" monitor and
learn how to lower the stand for good ergonomics but my progressive lenses are
still not working the best (too much head and knee up/dn to focus on the, now
even smaller letters.  The good thing is that I can fit lots of windows on this
35" screen thanks to its 3440 x 1440 resolution.  I'd been looking at it
and this week it was $70 off at Costco (the LG laptop I've been looking at for
over a year was on sale too ($400 off).
The contest was disappointing because; the propagation in Michigan was poor,
unable to find too many sections, lack to new stations to work.  This resulted
in my lowest score in years.
On the bright side, all my equipment worked without issue.   Oh, except my
antenna which need new tunes because of the wet ground.