[3830] SS SSB K2PO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K2PO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:30:50 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 23:43

  160:    0

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Fun time.  Never heard NB or NL, yet I see lots of sweeps among the other LP
reported scores.  All the other tough sections called me, including TER three
times (although I only logged EWA, next door, in the last 90 minutes).

I eavesdropped, as I was able, on LP big guns like AC0W, N8II, VE4VT, W0EWD,
VE5SF, etc., to check my pace.  Swapping numbers of 208/206 with AC0W had a
motivating effect.

I read, this week, that self-spotting is allowed in ARRL contests, so I gave it
a try.  I have to think it helped my results, although my claimed score is about
the same as my efforts in 2019 and 2021.  I see some of the top HP entrants
consistently self-spotted, but many did not.

I'm not a fan, but I understand the issues behind the change.  Yet I wonder if
the change will erode participation by some traditional unassisted top ops, who
don't care to compete against folks who spot themselves.

'Looking forward to CQWW next weekend, where unassisted has the traditional
meaning.

Tnx to all,

Bill, K2PO