[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 03:11:48 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Nov 10

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

   80:  12     10
   40:  14     11
   20:   6      5
Total:  32     26  Total Score = 832

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Last week was a washout for contesting for me - bad head/chest cold forced
absence from NS and CW Sweepstakes - aaargh.  I did manage to install the 100
watt PA module in my K3/10, and that's what I used tonight (burn-in, I suppose).
 Even with reconfigured cabling I'm still getting RFI locking up the computer on
80 meters, so no benefit there to the change of rig.

Where was 15 meters?  Couldn't hear anyone here, but apparently many must have
started there because I found them on 20 well after the start.  Still slim
pickin's on 20 relative to most weeks.  40 was good but wall to wall, and 80
filled up quickly - left too many on the table. Thanks to Jim, K8MR for a
3-bagger.

Was surprised by snow this morning - a reminder to see if I can get new center
and end support lines up in the trees to restore my 135 foot doublet to a
reasonable height.

Many thanks for the Qs, and 73,
MikeNH