[3830] SS CW WF7T SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brad.wf7t@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WF7T SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 03:36:52 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 22.75
OpMode: SO2R

   10:    6

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

That was...fun? Yes. Was it? It was.

I was feeling good, well rested. Had "secret weapon" low dipoles on
40&20 favoring North/South (tip credited to N0AX, thanks as always). New 10M
yagi up at 40ft, ready for the first hour. SWR on all the antennas below 1.5:1.
6x2 antenna switch working flawlessly. Filter stubs where needed. Computer
rebooted, latest N1MM+ loaded with macros sounding great.

...and the sun went "HAH"...

I was hoping to break 850Qs, but by the end of the first night I was resigned to
hope for 700 by the end. But Qs kept happening, so I kept operating.
Seventy-nine of the mults by the time I stopped the first night. Sunday started
with AL, and MB, PR, LAX, NL. Finally N6TK for the last one in SB at 21:45UTC. I
ran around the house and hooted. Both my wife and dog looked at me a little
amused, a little afraid, both understanding that something "important"
just happened.

I was disappointed that 80M just wasn't there, usually one of my stronger bands.
I was even more disappointed the I misunderstood the new overlay and the SIX
(HAH) Qs on 10 made with a 4el yagi put me out of the limited-antenna category.
I was also very surprised with my 40m and 20M numbers. I usually suck on
20M...at least I sucked there less this time! I do what I can from my
mile-from-downtown Nashville location, with my house power-feed diagonally
bisecting the available yard space. The trees keep growing, and the wires get a
little higher.

Oh, and I discovered half-way through that my 2nd radio was only putting out 30W
! Whatevs, the QRP guys do more with less, so I just slogged on.

Thanks to all of the Canadian stations putting in the awesome effort through the
less-than stellar conditions. My special appreciation also to the stations on
Sunday sending numbers less than 100. I was SO happy you decided to play, and
frankly you are some of the most important participants. Excellent work by the
QRS stations, and please never hesitate to call at the "speed you
need". QRP ops; you guys always impress and motivate me.

So great to hear old friends and new ones. Until the next one, stay happy and
healthy.

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville, TN
Uploaded: 262cs3a1.arrl-ss-cw