[3830] SS CW WX0B(AD5Q) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WX0B(AD5Q) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 03:28:49 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WX0B
Operator(s): AD5Q
Station: WX0B

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Dallas
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    0

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

This began with a somewhat faster start - as much as 10 Q's ahead of the pace
last year, but still way behind the usual suspects out west where the skip
doesn't overshoot as much of the eastern population. The good times evaporated
beginning around 0400z when I went to low bands. Never did find good rate on
either 40 or 80, but noticed that the western guns were loosing their leads over
me (except for one of them). THAT was encouraging.

Later in the contest I couldn't gauge my progress by sitting on their
frequencies with the 2nd radio until they sent a number because they weren't
working ANYBODY - not even pausing for 2nd radio Q's. Then they would QSY. I
wasted a total of about an hour this way, and I WAS making Q's on my own runs.
In the final 2 hours my runs weren't working either.

Worked 3 each of NB and NF, including a VE1 that was identifying as NB. Logged 4
TER's, including the VY0. There was an additional VY1 that I couldn't copy.

Hope condx are good for World Wide.

Roy -- AD5Q