[3830] CQWW SSB VP5M(@VP5/K4QPL) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K4QPL2@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VP5M(@VP5/K4QPL) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 03:38:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VP5M
Operator(s): K4QPL KU4V NR4O
Station: VP5/K4QPL

Class: M/S LP
QTH: VP5

  160:   11     4        5
   80:   81    11       41
   40:  590    20       68
   20: 1273    28      102
   15: 1217    29      103
   10: 2117    28      109
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Operators: K4QPL, KU4V, NR4O.
Station: Two K3's, SteppIR 40-10M, A3S Tribander 20-10, Inverted V 80M, Inverted
L with Folded Counterpoise 160M. EA4TX hardware interlock, N1MM+ logging
software.
Another fun contest from Turks and Caicos for a smaller than usual team. Daryl,
WT3K, had to drop out at the last minute due to failure of the gov to process
his renewal passport in time. Wayne, KU4V and Eric, NR4O stepped up with a great
extra effort to fill the gap and with few exceptions both the run and mult
radios were manned for the full 48 hours.
Conditions were amazing with unprecedented 10M propagation open to everywhere
for hours on end. Pileups were equally huge making finding and holding run
frequencies for our LP station difficult, especially in the opening hours. Being
in the NA continental region put us in the two point area for the rest of NA
which made us work a bit harder to build our point total.
Conditions were unusable on 80 and 160 the first night and only slightly better
on the second. Fighting the QRM on 40M forced us up higher to obtain better low
power rates with the greater real estate on 10M being our best opportunity.
Conditions being so different makes us wonder if this is the way of things to
come or an outlier when we are back to the lower bands with ten meters being a
limited event.
Thanks for all the Q's and for the extra effort to copy our low power signals.
73,
Jim, Wayne and Eric