[3830] CaQP W6P M/2 CntyExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6P M/2 CntyExp LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 23:43:21 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: W6P
Operator(s): W6DER AI6W AI6JB KM6RGO
Station: W6P

Class: M/2 LP
Class Overlay: CntyExp
QTH: PLAC

  160:     0     0
   80:   103    62
   40:   237    43
   20:   366   284
   15:   348   246
   10:   309    81
--------------------
Total:  1363   716  Mults = 58  Total Score = 320,218

Club: Sierra Foothills Amateur Radio Club (W6EK)

Comments:

Wow! What a great CQP! All 4 of us had a blast!

The bands were alive! We really enjoyed working a decent amount of DX during the
contest. We were also very pleased with the performance of our Dx Commander
Nebula for CW 40 and 80. Worked coast to coast and up into AK and YT on 80 and
40. We worked just over 1400 CW contacts before taking out dupes (a small
skookum logger CQP bug caused us to not get dupe warnings) which was a record
for Jon and I as relatively new contesters.

We picked a location with a good Eastern terrain roll-off and made sure to put
the Hex and Spider beams as close to the edge as we could get (~20ft). I think
it paid off. The 80m doublet and Dx Commander Nebula were within 80ft of the
same roll-off so I think they benefitted as well. We also had line of sight down
into the greater Sacramento Valley area and worked many CA stations down there
on all bands line of sight.

Both CW and SSB were able to work 40 and 80 at the same time but no such luck
for the higher bands. Definitely something for us to learn about and improve
upon for future contests.

Thanks to Dean for organizing a great contest! I liked the mult changes and the
addition of M/2. Hopefully we represented Placer county well and set a good M/2
LP record for it!

Some photos and videos of our setup:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/prGwTKto7thqhPou7

Next year I'd love to do a county line expedition!

73,
-Derek
 W6DER