[3830] NAQP SSB K5TR(AI5A) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K5TR(AI5A) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 05:53:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K5TR
Operator(s): AI5A
Station: K5TR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    6     5
   80:  126    36
   40:  175    43
   20:  445    52
   15:    8     4
Total:  760   140  Total Score = 106,400

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

George/K5TR offered me (Rick/AI5A) the use of his station for this contest.

I felt a bit weird going into this, I hadn't done much radio stuff at all over
the last few months as I've been busy with other life stuff. I was completely
out of practice and I think it showed (I had to ask for many repeats and
confirmations). But, oh well. I had a lot of fun.

I did much better with spacing breaks (leaving time available at the end for the
low bands) than I did in January.

It was also my first time *experimenting* with SO2R. I did not get to the point
of actually alternating back and forth between Q's or anything. But I did, a few
times, set up for a QSO on the other radio take a break from calling CQ, go make
the contact, and then go back to calling. It was also nice to be able to just
check band activity on the lower bands without having to give up my run
frequency. One of the P3 displays started acting up, so I started using that
radio as my "run" radio and using the other radio for looking around
on the other bands.

I wish I had spent some more time on 15. It was pretty quiet when I tried a few
times, but I think there were more contacts and mults to get on it if I had
given it more of a chance.

Overall I had a lot of fun. There were a few times it got a little stressful,
but I made it through. Thanks to George/K5TR for hosting me for the contest!