[3830] IOTA MD7C(M5RIC) SO(A)24SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, r.bro84@googlemail.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA MD7C(M5RIC) SO(A)24SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 11:49:12 +0000
                    IOTA Contest - 2023

Call: MD7C
Operator(s): M5RIC
Station: MD7C

Class: SO(A)24SSB HP
QTH:

   80:                    122      28
   40:                    485      50
   20:                    864      83
   15:                    398      53
   10:                    174      24
Total:   0        0      2043     238  Total Score = 3,696,140

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Much improved score on last year due to more mults but roughly the same number
of QSO's. Activity seemed good from islands, never heard or worked so many
stations from YB before - great signals from OC21 and their islands that were
audible here for most of the day.

10 and 15 were not great on the Saturday, I tried to run a few times and work
what I could hear but never really got going so I went back to 20 and continued
there where the rate was much better.

The low bands after midnight seemed to be lacking activity though, one sweep of
80M in the early hours showed very few stations on. Was glad I had a nice run on
40M in the day to gain the easy 15 pointers from the UK.

I do wish some of the people who called could be as easy to work in CQWW, island
and none island stations like VU, AP, ZD7, 3B8, S7, V51 etc.

Summertime propagation was once again very good to NA in the early hours on 20M.
Just checking the totals and 295 stations from NA were worked. My 5th best hour
for the whole contest came between 2am and 3am with a great run to the USA which
also produced some new multipliers but mainly non islands stations. During this
time I was also called by 3 VK stations all within a few qso's of each other
too, was a surprise at the time of day but a couple of welcomed mults as this
included VK7.

A great scoreboard chase with 9A6A for pretty much most of the contest, he was
leading for the majority of the first 12 hours but I managed to claw back
overnight, mainly due to the run to NA I think. I also hadn't had any QSO's on
10M and very few on 15M so was fresh meat come Sunday morning when finally I had
a good opening and was able to add nearly 400 qso's to the log and bump up my
totals somewhat.

Everything at the station worked flawlessly after a major revamp of coax feeds,
cables, switching and filters over the last year or so, the project has been
finished and now the changes and additions can finally be used.

Thanks to all that called and said hello, great to hear so many friends active
for this.

73

Rich, M5RIC / MD7C

Equipment: