[3830] CQWW VHF VE7XF SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE7XF SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 04:18:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2023

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: Comox, CN79
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:   2     2
    2:   0     0
-------------------
Total:   2     2  Total Score = 4

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Well, that was a bust. I only heard two sylables on 50.125 on Saturday.
Things were so bad that I didn't bother with Sunday morning. (I seem to have
missed some activity then - my bad.) Sunday afternoon yielded two CW beacons in
DN, and two more-or-less local Qs - one on SSB and one on CW. I don't use
computer-to-computer communication.

Not like the good old days! Speaking of which, I see that many ops have noticed
that the contest is at least a week (maybe two) too late in the season. I
remember when it WAS earlier in the month, when condx were much better. Then
some guy at CQ decided to hold it off a bit so the IARU guys would have a better
chance with THEIR contest! (Whatever that means - they are two different groups,
as far as I'm concerned.) I've been mad at CQ ever since.

rp
Make CW great again!