[3830] IARU NI6W(W4EF) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4EF@dellroy.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NI6W(W4EF) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 05:19:00 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: NI6W
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 13:39

  160:   13             6       1
   80:   42             7       4
   40:   96            13      13
   20:  453            21      29
   15:  217            30      34
   10:   20             6       5
-------------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Relaxed part time effort. Had a few equipment issues. The left temple piece on
my prescription reading glasses broke the Friday night before the contest. This
lead to considerable eye and neck strain early in the contest. I finally figured
out a good kludge using some super thin dacron rope left over from my Spiderbeam
and a surgical mask. It probably looked goofy as f$%& but worked great.
Saturday morning the UPS output dropped-out briefly and reset my logging
computer. The UPS Batteries were fine, so it must have been a momentary
overload. Perhaps an insect went up in flames inside some piece of gear on that
circuit. Seemed like it took forever for the computer to reboot.

Twenty meters was on fire on Saturday night. That really put the wind in my
sails. Fifteen was pretty amazing as well. I worked a couple Europeans up there
at around 12:30 AM local time. Also, great to hear (and work) so many of the
WRTC stations. I was impressed by how well matched they were in signal strength
at any given time.

73, Mike W4EF.........