[3830] IARU N6TV SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6tv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N6TV SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 06:05:13 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: N6TV
Operator(s): N6TV
Station: N6TV

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
OpMode: SO2R

  160:     1            1       0
   80:    16            7       5
   40:   308           20      12
   20:   930           39      36
   15:   510           34      38
   10:    34           12       7
-------------------------------------
Total:  1799    0     113      98  Total Score = 1,483,119

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I can't remember the last contest when the K-Index stayed at 1 for entire
contest period.  High band conditions were really good at night; with even a 9N
station booming in on 15m.  The early going after daybreak here was tough going,
with 10m never opening very well.

I wish I had the ability to point antennas in two different directions, as the
bands were often open to both Europe and Japan at the same time, and they are
about about 90° apart here, as a beam heading.

It was great to work all the little fluttery I4xx WRTC competitors on 20 and 15.
 The first ones that I worked were very weak, and they called me, instead of the
other way around.  They were obviously hearing me much better than I was hearing
them.  When the band opened up at night, they were all much easier to find, so I
did some S&P and worked many more.  I logged 46 different WRTC stations.

Rig: Elecraft K4D (2) running Firmware R33.B1+
Amp: Elecraft KPA1500 (2)
Ant: 5 el 10, 5 el 15, 5 el 20, 3 el 40, 1 el 80 rotary dipole, 160m shunt-fed
tower
Tower: U.S. Tower HD-589MDPL Self-Supporting Crank Up
SO2R:  Top Ten DX Doubler
Software:  Win-Test 4.49

73,
Bob, N6TV