[3830] IARU KL7RA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KL7RA M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 05:59:49 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7SB KA1NCN
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:     6     0      1       1
   80:    43     0      9       5
   40:   182    78     20      14
   20:   619   513     36      40
   15:   536   321     33      37
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  1386   912     99      97  Total Score = 1,734,992

We don't normally make a big effort in this contest.  It's Summer, it's Alaska,
which normally means the choice between poor propagation indoors, and outdoor
fun in the land of the midnight sun pretty easy.  Not so this year.  We haven't
had any Summer to speak of, we're at the height of the sunspot cycle so, why
not.  Planned to do a Single Op, but got a call from Dave "Hair on
Fire" KA1NCN asking if we were doing anything, and I said, "Well, I
guess we're doing a Multi-Single."  I did CW, Dave did SSB.

15 and 20 played real well.  Open to EU and JA throughout.  10 was a total dead
letter.  Not a whole lot on the low bands, which is typical for this time of
year.  Still can't be super competitive from here, but by Frozen Tundra
standards, we did good!

73
SB