[3830] IARU W6QU(W8QZA) SOABSSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W6QU(W8QZA) SOABSSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 23:07:43 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2023

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOABSSB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.8

  160:    0      0      0       0
   80:    1      1      1       0
   40:    4      4      2       2
   20:   52     52     14      21
   15:   24     24      9      11
   10:    8      8      2       9
-------------------------------------
Total:   89     89     28      39  Total Score = 16,147

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: 1/4 wave vertical with 3 radials
  40 & 160 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  80 Meters: Inverted L with 2 radials
Conditions were lousy here for the first 8 hours.  Despite a pretty good effort,
I only had 13 Qs!

Then things got good and I had an unusual opening to Europe on 15 in the late
afternoon, and then an even better opening to Europe in the evening.  I finally
got WAC late in the contest with CR3Y for my only Africa.

37 of my 89 Qs were into Europe.  DXCC was 35.  I couldn't easily get my zones
because N1MM+ shows ITU zones in this contest.

Well time to shut down N1MM+ until the end of Sept and CQ WWDX RTTY.

73,  Bill  W8QZA - W6QU