[3830] ARRL June VHF W1DYJ SO 3Band-All Modes LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W1DYJ SO 3Band-All Modes LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 02:21:39 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  166    84  Total Score = 14,448

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

One of my favorite contests.  In fact my very first contest was the
June 1965 VHF QSO Party from my childhood home in Stratford, CT,
using my HB 2E26 AM transmitter/SX-140 receiver and my HB 5el yagi,
under my original call K1VFX.  I made 13 Qs -- I still have the log book.

This is my 26th entry over the past 27 years, and the third best.  Last
year I participated as a 3-band analog only entry, and was
disappointed at the few stations available.   I decided to go to the
DARK SIDE...  I ran FTx only (actually, FT8 -- I heard no FT4 stations.)

My STRETCH GOAL was HI & AK on 6 to complete WAS; of course the
propagation didn't stretch that far so I'm still stuck with 48 states on 6.
Adding some grids was great too.    There were a lot of hams not using
the NA VHF protocol; it will be interesting to see how many NILs I have.

I think next year I will go back to all three modes.
Equipment:
      6m:   TS590SG @80w to a 7 el HB at 30 ft
      2m:   TS2000 (now 22 years old) @80w
                    to a 12 el K1FO (K1WHS) at 36 ft