[3830] CWopsT W4ER(@W8JA) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john.w4er@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W4ER(@W8JA) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2023 04:36:36 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Jun 7

Call: W4ER
Operator(s): W4ER
Station: W8JA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 0.3

Total:  16  Mults = 16  Total Score = 256

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I am in WV visiting my brother Jim W8JA in a care facility.  We have been able
to obtain approval for him to setup a station in his room.  Today some local
hams; Charlie N8RR, Mike KD8GWH, and Mike KE8USW put up a MyAntennas 80-10M End
Fed and got it connected to Jim's K4D in his room; a special thanks to all three
for their superb efforts.

I flew in from AL while they were doing the antenna work and Charlie made the
first contact with it with Dave N7NR before the CWT started.  The antenna gang
had to go then so, I got on and "tested" the setup.  Thanks for the
Qs! Jim is really looking forward to being back on the air after a couple years
in the nursing facility without ham radio.

Now for the installation of the ATU in the K4D to tweak the SWR on a couple
bands and setup of a PC for Jim to use with the rig while I am in town.

K4D @ 50 watts to 80-10M End Fed

73, John