[3830] 7QP WQ6X(@KN6NBT) SOMixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] 7QP WQ6X(@KN6NBT) SOMixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 06:48:34 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2023

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: KN6NBT

Class: SOMixed QRP
QTH: RAMONA, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 13:13
Remote Operation

----------------------------
Total:  151     29      0  Mults = 76  Total Score = 38,836

This was the 1st WQ6X Cinco de contest operation running QRP.
Having access to KN6NBT's "Cliffside" location on top of the mountain
in Ramona made QRP operation a reality.

Many stations had trouble believing I was really a QRP station.
Having access to a 3-el Stepp-IR, a 2-el Shorty-40 and a double-Bazooka
on 80 (all at 50 feet) allowed me to point the antennas giving the 5-watt
signal just enough oomph to be heard domestically, altho numerous DX calls
were also received on the high bands.
Internet dropouts prolly accounted for my voice sounding choppy sometimes.

The 7QP turnout was quite plentiful, altho certain expected counties were
noticeably missing.  Then again, there were dozens of county line expeditions
which made up for some of the missing areas.

I was surprised by the smaller (than expected) turnout from California.
Nevertheless, I always submit a log for EVERY contest, just in case other
W6 stations don't.
You can real all about this GiG soon at: http://WQ6X.Blogspot.com