[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N3BB@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 03:16:15 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 9

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
OpMode: 2BSIQ

   80:   8      5
   40:  19     17
   20:  24     15
   15:   1      1
Total:  52     38  Total Score = 1,976

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Rugged go tonight. Only local (tnx) W5JAW on 15, the only local contact.. after
several pre-NS warm-up signals heard, but at the bell, NADA. Spent the first two
of three mins on 15 with nada until JAW called. Grrrr.

80 sounded like a mosh-pit. Something amiss with my K3? Lots of marginal sigs
and heavy QR/something. Every QSO was a battle...lost most of them...over and
over. Grrr.

Five min segs: 7, 10, 9, 8, 11, and a tough they-didn't-come-back-to-my-calls 7
at the end. TO top off the night, for some reason, 160 didn't work ... high SWR,
so not a chance on that band.

Not my best night. Felt lucky to break fifty, but it was hard and as usual my
Mults were down. Only one QSO with KZ5D and never a peep on 80. Art closes fast
on the LF bands and is a mult machine. I'm probably toast.

Tnx for the good action anyhow,

Jim N3BB