[3830] NCCC Sprint KC0W/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KC0W/M LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 19:42:58 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - March 25

Call: KC0W/M
Operator(s): KC0W
Station: KC0W/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Dakota
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:   3     3  Total Score = 1

SKUNKED!!!

 Ice buildup on the mobiles screwdriver antenna presented very high SWR thus I
had to reluctantly QRT after the first few minutes of the Sprint. Recently
installed a dedicated computer for logging & sending CW in the mobile which
seems to work great. It's nice now working fellow Spring guys using the
computer to send CW!!! No more goof up's in my sending because of condensation
on the paddles contact points.  Used the somewhat recently installed homebrew
900 watt solid state amplifier in the mobile in last weekends North Dakota QSO
party.

 Will be out in San Francisco for 11 days in mid April brushing up on my
sailing skills. Planing on activating a bunch of South Pacific islands via a
sailing DXpedition in the (near) future. Think of it as a present day Yasme
type of operation. Would like to meet any other CW enthusiasts in the Bay area
for a bite to eat while I'm out there...........Progress steadily being made on
the big contesting/DXing station here in North Dakota. Still PLENTY of work left
to do though.

 Best from cow country, MOO!!!

                  Tom KC0W