[3830] CQ160 CW ED5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ea5dy@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW ED5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 00:58:25 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: ED5M
Operator(s): EA5BY, EA5DY, EA5DWS, EA5FID, EA5FKX, EA5FL,EA5GTQ, EA5GZV, EA5UB,
EA5VH
Station: ED5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: JM08CT

Total:  QSOs = 1506  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 77  Total Score = 1,058,500

Antennas:

TX: 2 elements delta-loop beam
RX: 200m Beverage towards USA
    2 reversible K9AY loops (4 directions)

This was our first team effort on a 160m contest. It was a sort of field-day
operation from a nice location at the Cape of San Antonio Lighthouse at the
verge of a 175meters high cliff with seawater 270 degrees around. We enjoyed
both good radio at night and nice sightseeing during the day in the surrounding
natural park.

All antennas were deployed few hours before the contest. TX antenna was a full
size two elements delta loop with its apex at about 50 meters above ground
level. It was fixed to cover the North hemisphere and designed to have a wide
beam width to cover the most appealing directions to W, JA and northern EU
It performed very well to those directions but our mult count suffered the lack
of ability to cover other areas of the world. However we could work all
continents. Next time we´ll make it bi-directional.

We had a severe windstorm on Friday night and Saturday morning withs gusts of
more than 90 kmh. The K9AY array was destroyed but the delta loop surprisingly
stayed intact. After repairs we had excellents openings on satuday night/Sunday
morning to the US west coast and JA.

We had lots of fun. Thanks to everyone for calling us.

Hear you on the next one.

Salva EA5DY